Looking for answers? We've provided answers to some of the most common questions San Cayetano parents might have. If after reading through our FAQ's you still have questions, please feel free to contact the front office. We're happy to help!

What do I need to do if my child is absent?

If your child must miss a day of school, please inform the attendance clerk at (520) 375-8399 on or before the day of the absence. If your child must be absent from school for more than one day, please notify the school for each day of the absence. If your child is absent for more than 3 days, we will need a doctor's note to excuse the absences.

Regular attendance at school is directly linked to academic success and creates positive attitudes toward responsibility that will carry over into adult life. State law requires regular attendance.

Back to Top

What do I need to do if my child is tardy?

We consider students tardy if they are not in their classroom when the tardy bell rings. If your child is tardy, you must sign your child in at the office.

Back to Top

Does my child need to wear a uniform to school?

Yes. Our district's governing board has mandated the use of uniforms for elementary school students. Students may not wear denim attire. The uniform consists of red or navy long or short sleeved polo shirts (no emblems) or school “spirit” shirts. Bottoms should be khaki or navy and can include shorts or pants for boys and pants, capris, skorts, jumpers, and skirts for girls. Students may also wear sweatshirts, sweatpants, vests, sweaters, or turtlenecks that are red or navy blue solid, single colors. Students may wear jackets of any kind or color, per student handbook guidelines.

Back to Top

May I visit my child at school?

Yes. In the interest of student safety, we ask that all visitors to campus during the school day (including parents) sign in at the front office before proceeding on campus.

Back to Top

Can my child ride the bus to school?

Yes. We offer bus transportation to students. Please remember that our school district provides this service as a convenience and privilege to students. All regulations of the school apply. Students must remain seated at all times while the bus is in motion. Students must only ride their assigned bus. Please submit any requests for exceptions in writing to the Transportation Department. For more information, please visit the Transportation page of our district website.

Back to Top

What time does my child get out of school on Early Release days?

Dismissal on Early Release days is 11:45 a.m.

Back to Top

What is the protocol if I have a change of address or telephone number?

Please notify both the front office and the nurse's office immediately if there is a change in your address or phone number (including cell phone numbers). The school needs updated and accurate contact information for parents/guardians in case of an emergency.

Back to Top

What if I need to change after-school transportation arrangements for my child?

If you need to change after-school transportation arrangements for your child, please call the front office at (520) 375-8800 by these times:

  • 1:30 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays
  • 10:30 a.m. on Wednesdays

Back to Top

How can I deposit money into my child's lunch account?

You can deposit money into your child's lunch account either in person, by visiting the school cafeteria, or online. See the District Food Services page for details.

Back to Top

Can I celebrate my child's birthday at school?

First, please talk to your child's teacher, either in person or by email. Ask your child's teacher when it is most convenient to come to class. Please realize that it might not be possible to celebrate on the actual day of your child's birthday. Please respect your teacher's preferences.

Please consult our healthy options list when planning what to bring. Please do not bring a cake or cupcakes. We have students who have food allergies. Healthy choices are the best choices.

Feel free to not bring food at all! You can give prizes to all the students such as pencils, stickers, or other kinds of small party favors. Another idea is to visit the class, read them a book, and give the book to the class as a present from your birthday student!

Back to Top

What if my child starts to feel sick at school?

If your child feels ill at school, he/she can go to the nurse's office. We do not allow students to carry medication with them during the day or on the bus. If your child requires prescription or non-prescription medication during school hours, the health office staff will administer the necessary medication only with signatures from parents and your child's physician. Please provide the medication in its original container.

Back to Top

Students holding gift baskets